Initial Investment: 10/01/2013
Sector: Financial Services
Fund: Buyout Fund II
Investment highlights to date
- Completed and successfully integrated 80 acquisitions.
- Bolstered the management team with appointment of new CEO and CFO with extensive sector and private equity experience.
- Provided an additional £5m to part fund acquisitions and negotiated additional bank funding with HSBC to support growth.
- Developed streamlined due diligence process to allow acquisitions to be completed in an efficient manner.
- Accelerated organic growth with the development of a new in-house call centre operation.
We were impressed by the growth Chase Templeton had achieved historically and the management team’s ability to successfully integrate businesses they acquired onto their platform. Scaling the business is supported by its strong relationships with major insurers who are in favour of further market consolidation.
It was clear to the founder that attracting professional investment through private equity was the most efficient way of fuelling his ambitious growth strategy in what remained a highly fragmented market. Due to our deep understanding of financial services, and track record in buy-and-build, we were ideally suited to partner with Chase Templeton.
Palatine has played an instrumental role in the extraordinary growth at Chase Templeton since investing in our business in 2013. With their much valued support we have in that time completed over 75 acquisitions, more than doubled our workforce and increased our annual premium income from GBP90m to GBP150m. Chase Templeton is now firmly established as one of the UK’s leading private medical insurance specialists.