Initial Investment: 21/03/2022
Sector: Business Services
Investment highlights to date
- Creation of the Cura Terrae central services function to provide strategic oversight and support for the divisional entities
- Enhance the people and talent management strategy and investment in people to continue the strong growth
- 3 acquisitions made to create greater scale and add complimentary services to the group with a particular focus on cross-selling opportunities
- Digital transformation of the systems to improve data and deliver operational efficiencies
- Build on the company’s strong ESG and Impact credentials through our market-leading framework, monitoring and reporting outcome tools
Cura Terrae is an outstanding purpose-led business and a trusted partner of many industry-leading companies across the UK. We have known the business for a number of years and are delighted to be working with Pete and the team to support the strategy for growth.
Cura Terrae’s mission-driven approach is one that aligns perfectly with Palatine’s Impact Fund and the long-term commitment to place purpose, sustainability and responsible investment at the heart of our strategy.
We see a significant growth opportunity in Cura Terrae and are delighted to be supporting Pete and the team as the group expands both organically and through further strategic and value-enhancing acquisitions.
Pete Skipworth – Group CEO Cura Terrae
Pete is a proven innovator with intimate knowledge of the water and environmental sectors in the UK and Europe. He has a PhD in hydrodynamics, and he has a keen interest in innovative sensor technology and intelligent wastewater networks. Pete is also a Visiting Professor at Leeds Beckett University’s Sustainability Institute.
Our mission at Cura Terrae is to take care of the earth. We believe that businesses have an obligation to solve the climate crisis and Cura Terrae will help them meet and maintain environmental standards across land, air and water.
At Cura Terrae, we see our work as a vocational career, with a shared mission to protect the environment. This alignment with Palatine’s Impact Fund, their sector focus and their buy-and-build track record is what attracted us to them and it’s why I am very excited to grow the business in partnership with them.
Group CEO – Cura Terrae