Initial investment: 05/09/2017
Sector: Health & Education
- Introduced a chairman with extensive education and digital marketing experience.
- Opened two new training centres in Leeds and Coventry, building the national footprint.
- Appointed a finance director to enhance the systems, controls, and governance framework, alongside supporting value creation activities.
- Launched a blended learning delivery model, using e-learning and virtual classroom training to deliver both operational efficiencies and a more flexible learning environment for students.
- Supported the development and introduction of NVQ and apprenticeship programmes, making the company’s training relevant to an increased number of students.
- Successfully exited the business in 2022.
Trade Skills 4U is a growing business with a strong and passionate management team, that looks to make a positive and meaningful social impact. The business focuses on the adult training market, and attracts people who are looking to upskill or retrain in an environment that is suited to their needs – this includes people who have left the military – and opens up career opportunities that may not have been accessible to individuals prior to completion of the Trade Skills 4U courses.
Carl Bennett – Founder & CEO Trade Skills 4U
Carl established Trade Skills 4U in 2004, after a brain tumour forced his retirement from special police unit SO19. Having had first-hand experience of professional hands-on training, Carl has applied the same principles at Trade Skills 4U and ensures his team delivers the same quality of resettlement training every day.
With Palatine’s support we are looking forward to increasing our presence across the country and increasing our social impact. We have found a unique partner in Palatine given its enviable track record in sustainable investing and in pioneering its Impact Fund. They have demonstrated that they share the passion and values that support our distinctive proposition in the electrical training sector and are fully aligned with us in delivering a positive social impact and supporting our continued growth.
Founder & CEO – Trade Skills 4U